Radon testing, I arranged to be done by a Licensed Radon Testing Company.
- What causes radon gas in houses?
- Radon is a radioactive gas that has been found in homes all over the United States. It comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water and gets into the air you breathe. Radon typically moves up through the ground to the air above and into your home through cracks and other holes in the foundation.
- What is a pCi?
- A pCi is a measure of the rate of radioactive decay of radon.
- One pCi is one trillionth of a Curie, 0.037 disintegration per second, or 2.22 disintegration per minute.
- What does this mean for my family?
- At 4 pCi/L there will be approximately 12,672 radioactive disintegrations in one liter of air during a 24- hour period.
- Inhaling these particles can damage lung tissue and cause lung cancer.
- What to expect during my radon test?
- A very sensitive radon testing device is left in the lowest living area of your home for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours, I pick up the device and report the findings.
- $150.00 or $125.00 when added to a full Home Inspection.